The Women’s March on ATX is a sister event of the Women’s March in Washington, DC and others across the nation. IndivisibleATX is participating in the march to show solidarity and support the mission.
MISSION: We stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families — recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country. WOMEN’S RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS.
For more information, please see this.
WHEN: Saturday, January 21, 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (march starts at 12)
WHERE TO MEET: indivisible ATX members will gather in front of the Texas State Capitol Visitors Center, 112 East 11th Street, and then join the main group on the South Lawn of the Texas State Capitol. Look for signs that say #RESIST and#INDIVISIBLEATX.
The march departs from the south gate of the capitol at 12PM. We will march down Congress Ave towards 6th Street, across 6th, and north on Lavaca back to the south lawn.
ALL Indivisible teams are welcome to join us, no matter where you’re coming in from. We would love the chance to meet up with you!
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Good shoes!
- Layers — this is Texas, so who knows how warm/cool it will be
- Many will be wearing Indivisible ATX/#RESIST t-shirts. You can make your own! Black t-shirts are about $3.99 and $.099 for white fabric paint, and a little more for iron-on transfers, at Michael’s … if you’re not crafty, consider wearing black & white to show IATX solidarity. But remember, what you wear isn’t important — BEING THERE is!
WHAT TO BRING:
- Noisemakers such musical instruments, percussion instruments (homemade is fine!), kazoos, whistles, bullhorns etc.
- Fanny pack with water and other necessities
- Copy of protest song lyrics, which you can find here.
This is not a protest, but a rally, so any signs should be in support of women’s rights, equality, support for marginalized people, unity, etc.
CAN I RSVP?
Please do! Right here.
MARCH INFO FROM THE ORGANIZERS:
For full information on the march, including tips, updates, and printable fliers, please go here.