Join IndivisibleATX TODAY to raise your voice and tell the world that you will not sit down, you will not be silent, you will not stand by while our democracy is destroyed and our people enslaved by poverty, lack of education, and misinformation.
ONE RESISTANCE INAUGURATION PROTEST MARCH
IndivisibleATX will be joining many other organizations and individuals for a peaceful march on the State Capitol to protest Donald Trump’s politics of fear and hate and to rally for civil rights, immigrants’ rights, reproductive rights, our environment, good jobs, as well as justice and safety in all of our communities. The marchers will gather at Auditorium Shores and march up Congress Ave. to the State Capitol.
WHEN: Friday, January 20, 5 p.m.
WHERE TO MEET:
IndivisibleATX members will gather in front of the box office at the Long Center at 5 p.m., then walk together across the street to Auditorium Shores where we will join the other marchers. Look for signs that say #RESIST and#INDIVISIBLEATX.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Good shoes!
- Layers — this is Texas, so who knows how warm/cool it will be
- Many will be wearing Indivisible ATX/#RESIST t-shirts. You can make your own! Black t-shirts are about $3.99 and $.099 for white fabric paint, and a little more for iron-on transfers, at Michael’s … if you’re not crafty, consider wearing black & white to show IATX solidarity. But remember, what you wear isn’t important — BEING THERE is!
WHAT TO BRING:
- Noisemakers such musical instruments, percussion instruments (homemade is fine!), kazoos, whistles, bullhorns etc.
- Fanny pack with water and other necessities
- Copy of protest song lyrics, which you can find here.
- A flashlight!
CHECKLIST FOR RALLY SAFETY ITEMS:
- Photo ID
- Charged cell phone with fingerprint disabled; pass code enabled
- Sharpie to write important phone numbers on your arms
- Numbers of National Lawyers’ Guild and someone who is at home & can come to police station/hospital
- Quarters for public phones
- Medications you have to have
- Comfortable clothes you can stay in for a long time (layers, no belts or shoes with laces)
IATX and (hopefully) other Indivisible folks from around the state will meet briefly in front of the box office at the Long Center, right across the street from Auditorium Shores. We will meet-and-greet and learn a couple of protest songs, review some safety tips, then head over to join the main group. We are here to support the cause, but it doesn’t hurt to raise visibility for our group, so let’s march as a group!
IS IT FAMILY FRIENDLY?’
CAN I RSVP?
Yes! If you’re on FB, please RSVP to our event here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Go here.