Call Gov. Abbott TODAY and urge him to expand Medicaid to save our lives and protect our hospitals
Please call him using this patch-through number: 1-877-880-6704 with the following message:
Please expand Medicaid for the Texans who are uninsured and need healthcare, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. When any one of us can’t get the care we need, all of us are at risk for infection, complications, and even death. Our health depends on the health of the person next to us, and the person next to them. Please expand Medicaid.
Learn more at #SICKOFITTX
DOUBLE WIN: Support the USPS and the Indivisible Rosedale Huddle
Action from Indivisible Rosedale Huddle
The United States Postal Service is in trouble and buying stamps is a way to help them. Coincidentally, Indivisible Rosedale Huddle needs stamps for our TX10 GOTV postcard writing project. Buying postcard stamps and donating them to the project could help both at the same time.
- Buy postcard stamps and have them mailed directly to us:
4613 Shoalwood Ave
Austin, TX 78756
(This will be recorded as a donation to the Rosedale Huddle PAC)
- Donate money to the Rosedale Huddle directly, and we will use your donation to buy postcard stamps from USPS. All donations made between now and July 1st will be used for stamp purchases.
- Buy postcard stamps and mail stamps and receipt to the address above. And we still need postcards written! We are still about 3,000 postcards short of our goal so KEEP WRITING!
Write a Letter to the Editor Demanding Congress Pass a People’s Bailout
Submit a letter to the editor now to explain to your neighbors and Congress the importance of a People’s Bailout and urge your neighbors to get involved in this fight.
ICYMI: Last Week’s Actions
- Update: District Court Judge Tim Sulak signed an order saying all Texans can now request a mail ballot citing fear of coronavirus as a “disability” preventing in-person voting. This is the current law of the land but will surely be challenged. (It doesn’t hurt to keep sending letters, since Abbott/Paxton will continue to fight to disenfranchise you.)
- Download and print a vote-by-mail application or request one here.
Write to your reps to save the USPS <—This is still important!
Tuesday, April 21
Young Texans Town Hall w/ Rep. Doggett
5 p.m. on Facebook Live. MOVE Texas hosts a virtual town hall with Congressman Lloyd Doggett. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, many young Texans have questions about how the Federal Government is responding. As part of our Social Justice for Social Distancing series, Congressman Lloyd Doggett will join MOVE Texas for a Facebook Live town hall on how the CARES Act and other pieces of legislation are going to impact our community.
Virtual Roundtable with Julie Oliver — Immigration
6 p.m. – RSVP for details. Join Julie, along with Pooja Sethi, Adriana Quiroga and Juan Benitez, for a virtual roundtable to come together as a community and to discuss available COVID-19 resources in #TX25. The focus will be on resources to support immigration in Texas and how best we can weather the crisis while supporting and showing solidarity for one another.
Saturday, April 25
Indivisible Community Call
7 p.m. on Zoom. This virtual get-together is a chance to connect with Indivisibles from across the country for some fun!
Come enjoy music, laughter and connection with Indivisibles from across our network for a little reprieve from the challenging times we’re in.
Coronavirus News & Resources
TX10 Resource Guide (Mike Siegel campaign)
TX17 Resource Guide (Rick Kennedy campaign)
TX21 Resource Guide (Wendy Davis campaign)
TX25 Resource Guide (Julie Oliver campaign)
TX31 Resource Guide (Christine Mann campaign)
TX35 Resource Guide (office of Rep. Lloyd Doggett)
Coronavirus in Texas: How many cases, deaths and tests (Texas Tribune)
Your Moment of Zen
Yes, I plan to watch this multiple times today.
— Anne Wheaton (@AnneWheaton) April 13, 2020