Central Texas Primary Candidates
March 3, 2020 is the “Super Tuesday” primary—which includes Texas.
Many Central Texas candidates have announced that they are running. It’s never too early to start backing your favorites. These are not endorsements. We linked to candidate websites where available.
- Chris Bell, former Member of Congress and Houston City Council
- Michael Cooper, pastor, community organizer and former candidate for lieutenant governor
- Amanda Edwards, an at-large Houston City Council member
- MJ Hegar, an Air Force veteran and former TX31 congressional candidate
- Sema Hernandez, a Houston area human rights activist and DSA member, who ran against Beto O’Rourke in the 2018 Democratic senate primary
- Cristina Tzintzún Ramirez, founder of Jolt Texas
- Adrian Ocegueda, former gubernatorial candidate
- Royce West, Texas state senator
- John Cornyn (Incumbent)
- Dwayne Stovall
- Rhett Smith
- Pritesh Gandhi
- Shannon Hutcheson
- Mike Siegel (Indivisible Austin endorsed Siegel in the 2018 general election cycle.)
- Mike McCaul (Incumbent)
- Rick Kennedy (Indivisible Austin endorsed Kennedy in the 2018 general election cycle)
- Bill Flores (Incumbent)
- Chip Roy (Incumbent)
- Roger Williams (Incumbent)
- John Bohlin
- John Carter (Incumbent)
- Abhiram Garapati
- Michael Williams
- Lloyd Doggett (Incumbent)
- Tony Gonzales
Did we miss anyone? Do you have a tip on someone who’s planning to run for congress in Central Texas? Let us know!
Special note: This is not one of the Central Texas districts we normally cover, but Kim Olson, who we endorsed for Agriculture Commissioner in 2018, is running for Congress in TX24 (Dallas-Fort Worth area)!